Thursday, June 28, 2012

156 hours....

In 156 hours I will be on my way to the Hospital to get my lapband!!!!!! okay this really all happened so fast from when I made the decision ( it is a big one) to now went like this......
  • went to my yearly physical with my G.P told her hey whadda ya think about me getting the lapband she tried talking me out of it with the old have you tried dieting it is like really a diet oh my God I have never thought of that, hmm oh weight watchers lemme see nope doesnt ring a bell.. come on really so I told her, well I am making the appt with dr. Glasgow sooo I will be needing a referral ,so she was like okey dokey, I am a different kind of patient, I really dont let them pull the old "but I am the doctor you have to listen to me" thing on me, when I want a test I get it, when I come in and I am sick or in pain or whatever, and they say "why dont we see you in 2 weeks and if it is still bothering you we will run some test"... ah no! run them now, you think I didnt wait, on my own before making this appt.  I am not making another copay sorry,order my tests bitches lol anyways....... she was like okay have your fancy surgery.


  •     so I picked Adam Glasgow MD. because I knew he was a great surgeon, I use to work at the same hospital and he was just always so great with his patients and thorough, confident, not to young not to old, and he is not a douche, sorry but some surgeons are just sooo whatever about your surgery and there is a line between confident, and someone explaining how they will cut you open and tinker with your guts without even making eye contact because they are to busy be mr. cool surgeon like the are on greys anatomy or something. but  Adam (he wants his patients to call him that) he is great I love him, and I call him Doctor I dont know why I just do.  btw he is out of Walpole www.massweightloss.com. so I seen him for a 1st visit got the info on what I had to do for Ins. and there is a woman (jane) in the office that handles all the appt making for ya, nutritionist,psychologist (both right there in the same office as my surgeon) and pre-testing, and labs.  thats it that is all I had to do, for harvard pilgrim health care anyways I know all ins. are not the same. 
  • psych. evaluation was just a fill in the circle test easy peasy passed, I fooled 'em lol.
  • nutritionist just goes over all of the preop and post op diet phases, and the new way of eating. she was very helpful and she is always in the office I can go to her with any question about nutrition ever, even by email if I wanna save a copay. so thats awesome.  oh and I loved all of the fake food in her office lol lil tiny fake chicken legs, and big ol fake broccoli on a plate haha it was nuts, I felt like an idiot like "hey fatty this is what you should eat, seeee it looks like this" haha "this is called a vege-ta-ble and this, this is a portion of fish, fiiishhhh" lol good times.
  • labs I had already had them done for my physical with my primary care doc. so they were all done, as was the EKG.
  • pre-test -met with anesthesia and a nurse asked me 10,000 questions, the same 10,000 questions they will ask me on the day of surgery, it was over fast and I was outta there.  
  • NOW I WAIT.... and while I wait I drink all of my meals but I am sooooo excited I cant even put it in words... oh and I cant remember the dates of all of this but it all happened in less than 6 weeks!!!!!!! okay thats all for today.

PLEASE PLEASE FOLLOW MY BLOG IF YOU READ IT, I feel like I am talking to myself, I think I have 1 follower :o(  .....thanks and feel free to comment, even if you dont want to follow. ~T~

13 comments:

  1. ummm...You have 3 followers my dear!!! I can't believe how quickly things went for you! 6 weeks?!?! OMG! I've been going through this since September gah! Can't believe it's right around the corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey 3 I see that now, word lol..... September wow, well here you are what like 11 days or so from the big day, hey do you have to spend a night in the hospital, I do Grr.. I wish it was day surgery....

      Delete
  2. Well followers or not I believe starting and working on your blog is great motavation.In time, there will be more woman ..if you build it they will come !lol To connect with more people will take time,is all.In the meantime just look at it as journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true it is like journaling, and it really helps to put my thoughts out there for sure. thanks for your comment :o)

      Delete
  3. Haha, there's three of us! :)

    Glad you got all your pre-op testing done. Only 6 more days until surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so awesome right! just more 6 days, and I will have the right tool for the job.

      Delete
  4. I am a follower ( never a leader lol ) I am so impresed by you and your decision. B-nut will have a healthy diet conscious mom - and you will have this blog to look back on and see how far you have come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anonymous... lol Bnut? hmmm you must know me hehehehe.. one of the reasons I decided to do this blog was to have a way to look back on how I feel and what I think now. reading the words I write today will help again someday, as much as writing them now is. thanks for the comment

      Delete
  5. will you have to be on a liquid diet after the procedure too ? and for how long

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! starting 2nd day after surgery for 14 days, but it isnt actually an "all" liquid, I can have oatmeal.... and some liquid options I cant have now like tomato soup (love) so thats awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  7. psych. evaluation test like a pass or fail? I was filling it out and felt like i was taking a test and scared to put something that they wont like and not let me be banded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TO- MS. BABSTER AZ ----well I am not sure if it actually a pass or fail kinda thing but, they really are just making sure that you are sane enough to have realistic expectations with the lapband, that you realize the band is only a tool to help you with you weight problem, andto make sure you know that losing weight will not solve every problem you have, that you are aware that there has to be lots of hard work on your part, it helps them to see that you are rational enough to truly understand that the lapband is just a TOOL and if you do not work hard and use it correctly you will not have results. good luck to, hope all goes well for you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG reading your blog was so good. I am having the same experienced you had, things happened exactly the same way for me. Only thing is I am on week 1 of the process. Hope everything goes as smooth as it did for you. Wishes you the best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

anything you wanna know, wanna say, or advice you may have ~ let me know here. thanks