- went to my yearly physical with my G.P told her hey whadda ya think about me getting the lapband she tried talking me out of it with the old have you tried dieting it is like really a diet oh my God I have never thought of that, hmm oh weight watchers lemme see nope doesnt ring a bell.. come on really so I told her, well I am making the appt with dr. Glasgow sooo I will be needing a referral ,so she was like okey dokey, I am a different kind of patient, I really dont let them pull the old "but I am the doctor you have to listen to me" thing on me, when I want a test I get it, when I come in and I am sick or in pain or whatever, and they say "why dont we see you in 2 weeks and if it is still bothering you we will run some test"... ah no! run them now, you think I didnt wait, on my own before making this appt. I am not making another copay sorry,order my tests bitches lol anyways....... she was like okay have your fancy surgery.
- so I picked Adam Glasgow MD. because I knew he was a great surgeon, I use to work at the same hospital and he was just always so great with his patients and thorough, confident, not to young not to old, and he is not a douche, sorry but some surgeons are just sooo whatever about your surgery and there is a line between confident, and someone explaining how they will cut you open and tinker with your guts without even making eye contact because they are to busy be mr. cool surgeon like the are on greys anatomy or something. but Adam (he wants his patients to call him that) he is great I love him, and I call him Doctor I dont know why I just do. btw he is out of Walpole www.massweightloss.com. so I seen him for a 1st visit got the info on what I had to do for Ins. and there is a woman (jane) in the office that handles all the appt making for ya, nutritionist,psychologist (both right there in the same office as my surgeon) and pre-testing, and labs. thats it that is all I had to do, for harvard pilgrim health care anyways I know all ins. are not the same.
- psych. evaluation was just a fill in the circle test easy peasy passed, I fooled 'em lol.
- nutritionist just goes over all of the preop and post op diet phases, and the new way of eating. she was very helpful and she is always in the office I can go to her with any question about nutrition ever, even by email if I wanna save a copay. so thats awesome. oh and I loved all of the fake food in her office lol lil tiny fake chicken legs, and big ol fake broccoli on a plate haha it was nuts, I felt like an idiot like "hey fatty this is what you should eat, seeee it looks like this" haha "this is called a vege-ta-ble and this, this is a portion of fish, fiiishhhh" lol good times.
- labs I had already had them done for my physical with my primary care doc. so they were all done, as was the EKG.
- pre-test -met with anesthesia and a nurse asked me 10,000 questions, the same 10,000 questions they will ask me on the day of surgery, it was over fast and I was outta there.
- NOW I WAIT.... and while I wait I drink all of my meals but I am sooooo excited I cant even put it in words... oh and I cant remember the dates of all of this but it all happened in less than 6 weeks!!!!!!! okay thats all for today.
PLEASE PLEASE FOLLOW MY BLOG IF YOU READ IT, I feel like I am talking to myself, I think I have 1 follower :o( .....thanks and feel free to comment, even if you dont want to follow. ~T~