Sunday, July 29, 2012

not much...that's what's up.

I have not been writing because, really there is nothing up.... my weight did not change this week at all, so Wednesday I didn't post about my weigh in...

My husband and I love harry potter (lol) so we have been watching all of the movies this weekend, when the lil guy lets us lol... also we DVR'd the Olympics opening ceremony and watched that Friday night and I gotta say, I just really didn't think it was that great, but that's just me.

I had my in laws over for dinner Saturday, I cooked on the grill but we ate in because the sky was scary looking! It was a very healthy menu I gotta say. I did not do the ol' hamburger and hot dog easy way with all those carb filled buns,  I made ..... marinated chicken breast, in lite Caesar dressing and lime juice, also steak tips w/ s&p and a touch of Worcestershire sauce both grilled to perfection (lol) whole wheat pasta salad made with pesto,olives and garden tomatoes + a lil bit of parm cheese. sliced tomatoes from my garden in a lite balsamic vin. with fresh basil (from my garden) and corn on the cob, Johnny loves corn on the cob, it is so funny to watch him eat it lol. oh and for dessert, pineapple passion fruit sorbet with fresh pineapple and strawberries.... it was soooo yummy if I do say so myself.    it ended up raining, I love the rain, it was actually a thunder storm, so even better.

hmmm what else, well today has just been a lazy Sunday for us.... playing and napping with the baby...

Wednesday I go to see my surgeon, I will be in and out in 2 seconds I bet... but it will be weigh in day and I will get my appointment for my first fill!!!!!! I cant wait for that, also I will be joining the Y soon another thing I cant wait for..

sorry if this all seems boring, lol, that is why I haven't written that much lately, I know that once I get my fill and join the gym I will have much more to say but for now it is just kinda everyday stuff going on around here.

oh Johnny will be 22 months old in a few days... OMG! I am planning his 2nd B-day party, actually I have a few ideas and can't decide what to do .... have any of you got any ideas for a 2 year olds birthday? he will (hopefully) have some cousins there that are his age and a few years older...

okey dokey talk at you guys and gals later....

5 comments:

  1. I was patiently waiting for your update so thanks - sounds like you are on course for success - guess what I just recently found out that you may already know - both corn on the cob and squash are condsidered carbs . ...who knew ... freddie is diabetic now so I am all over nutrition - for him not for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know Kath, my dad had diabetes.... and I had gestational diabetes so I know all the carbs lol but I only had a few nibbles and gave the rest to my corn loving lil guy.. not that I cant have carbs at all, but I just have to do protein first then veggie and if I have room something else... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there you are!!! missed you ;)

    btw, your dinner sounds delish... You should box up your leftovers and mail them to me, please and thank you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back to blogging. It's not boring, it's your journey. You gotta document the days after surgery - just so you can have that to look back on. :)

    I'm glad you had such a good weekend, and the choices were really good at your BBQ!

    ReplyDelete

anything you wanna know, wanna say, or advice you may have ~ let me know here. thanks