Friday, July 13, 2012

week 2

the first day of week 2 is the same as 2 weeks after surgery (in crazy land) so I decided to move forward onto mushies..... but got scared and will not do it again...

it is actually my food processors fault, I just got it and I have been wanting to take it for a spin so after shredding up a carrot for pure fun (not so fun, I had to clean the damn thing) I decided to make a meatloaf, my fav! I went nuts with the chopping blade I put garlic and celery and onion (like a shit ton of each) and then said screw it and threw in the meat and eggs and breadcrumbs, yay this is great my hands are not all meaty.... well it made the meatloaf so mushie yay for me but my hubby hated it (oh well boohoo) and I had a meaty messy food processor to clean. at least Johnny, my lil guy, loved it ! he loves so many foods and flavors for a 21 month old, he tries everything I feed him crazy healthy !veggies galore, fruit and whole grain, organic, healthy health food and sometimes a cookie or pudding but really I should not do that anymore...... but anyways I ate the damn meatloaf green beans and some au'gratin potatoes, so there, are you happy now?   lol

I will not be eating anything mushie til' mushies are supposed to be eaten!!! ya hear that belly!

in other news.... I have "port pain" so that sucks, and I feel like I have been sucking in my stomach all day or something, like my belly muscles (HA!) hurt.

I can not get winnie the pooh outta my head, I have been forced to watch it over and over (and over) with Johnny for days now, and each time it starts again, he is so darn, cute he looks at me with this big smile and gasps a big surprised gasp,mouth wide open ,and comes over and hugs and kisses me, so how can I resist that seriously!

have a lovely weekend all.....

10 comments:

  1. anything would sound good to you right now I bet... I hope you're doing well, I actually felt worse everyday the first 6 days, then feeling better just started today... I hope you have a speedy recovery :o) cant wait to read about your surg. and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah today is worse... my tummy really hurts EVERYTIME I move at all. But I move... I walk... knowing that the more I move the quicker I will feel better.

      Delete
    2. take your pain meds ontime dotn wait for psin they work better if you keep ahead of the pain, and ya I gotta say walking is the best, but it did not help with the pain from where they put the port and that was the worst for me I think, and the logest incision too 6 staples (grrr) the others are only 2 staples... I hope you are getting spoiled, but prob. not since you are a mom lol

      Delete
  2. My surgeon was very liberal about starting back on regular food...mushies after just a few days. I started back with stuff like scrambled eggs, refried beans and cheese, etc. I was way to scared to try anything like meatloaf for a while. Glad it went ok for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really went past mushies.. Just could not do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well you should see the things I pick to make, and I am like "what this is mushy" lol as I eat a pork potsticker, it is mushy but my surgeon says turn everythng into baby food! come on get real guy, what chubba is gonna turn a yummy plate of food into what looks like baby poop, not me especially after changing my lil guys "bum" all day haha the pork potsticker I mentioned are sooooo good I got them at Big Y (it is a food store) the name is crazy cuizine (with a z) in a purple box, 8 of them are only 220 calories and 10 proteins!! I did not have 8 (just 4) yummy

      Delete
  4. I found the blogs because I had port pain in my second or third week after surgery. Turns out I get it when I don't sit up straight as the port must dig in or the stitches tug or something. It's done my posture the world of good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A food processor sounds heavenly... I need one of those. I would love to try some smoothies or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you visited the Skinny Taste website? I swear by her food and imagine when I am post op (I am currently 2 days away for my op) I will live on her soups and other food ideas. Lots of her food is made with crock pots and she has a lot of recipes that I imagine would be prefect to blend down to mushy foods. Check out her baked potato soup recipe AMAZING! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/baked-potato-soup.html
    Good luck with it all!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

anything you wanna know, wanna say, or advice you may have ~ let me know here. thanks