Thursday, August 2, 2012

yesterdays weigh in...

yesterday was Wednesday, weigh in day, and I had an appointment at my surgeons office, with the N.P....... It went well, we talked for 45 min. about food choices and the can and can nots. My and should and should nots. My weight was 251, so that was really awesome news, I thought for sure it would have been the same as last week or higher, I mean I have been good, and even exercising, but I just thought my portions where not great. I guess with an empty band my portions were right where the should be. 3 pound loss = doing something right lol I do feel like I could do better, not that 3 pounds isn't awesome, do I expect to lose more than that in a week, no not really, but I know I can do more exercise and I just have to do it!, also NO MORE DRINKING WITH MY MEALS!!! or for an 1.5 hours after. that starts today ( here is where I say to myself "yes porka, today")   

I asked the nurse practitioner about my first fill, I wanted to know if they would not give me one yet since I am losing, but she said it is (in their practice) based on post meal time hunger, if I am hungry within 4 hours of eating, also if my portions seem to be bigger than they want them to be in order to get satisfaction not FULL (do not eat to get full eat to get satisfied, if it is enough stop, der why didn't someone tell me that long ago lol), so anyways.. I expect my first fill on or right after August 15th, I cant wait... for know I am going to really keep track of my meals and hunger and be a good banded mama and not drink with meals (not even a sip, porka)

I gotta join the Y, can you believe I haven't even applied yet, WTF am I waiting for lol... I get in exercise, but I have to do more and just join already, I think it is the fact that I will be using the childcare while I workout, for my 22 month old and I am a lil anxious about that...it has to be that because I truly am excited to get going on the workouts, I cant wait really.

well peeps, I hope you are all well. hey and HELLO to my new followers, lol I lost 1 and gained 3 AWESOME lol  oh and leave me your url (?) if I dont follow you already... thanks babes

11 comments:

  1. 3 lbs in a week is great! you are doing awesome keep it up----JOIN THAT GYM!!! After I started going to the gym I noticed my weight loss pick up and so did my energy level...but I get that kid guilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about the child care at the gym. My 3yr old hated the gum as a baby. but now both my girls love going to play with their friends and that on turn gets me motivated to ho to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I just reread your post - I thought it said you shouldn't drink anything for 15 hours after eating --- one-point five hours sounds so much better --- you are so determined and you should feel so proud of your new self honey. How often are you planning on going to the gym? I know a certain "Nana" that would babysit if you don't like the idea of leaving him in a daycare setting. A gym will be great for the bad weather and the winter months but you still have some nice months ahead that you can walk or excercise outside ... Why do they wait so long to fill the band? Are they waiting for inflamation to lessen or maybe it's to give you time to develope good portion control and eating habits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! sweet loss! :) My first fill is the 16th so I'm right behind ya! Glad you had a great appointment with your Dr. I have to admit I haven't started exercising yet. I could list excuses out the yingyang but the only one i need is that I just haven't... no excuse. I GOTTA get my Zumba on! I've been craving it, just haven't etched out the time to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the loss. wtg!! I love going to the gym... there is something about being there, getting it done, and coming home knowing you just did something awesome for yourself! check out the day care, maybe dont plan on exercising the first time and see how it goes with your child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my blog linky: www.adorkbl.blogspot.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for your loss! Eating to get satisfied, not full, I believe has been the biggest reason for the loss I have had so far. I do much better with this at home than I do when we go out...still working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was gonna say if you don't want to use the child care at the gym-two words for ya (nana banana!) lol but I know you want Johnny to be around more children so that he can play and make little friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW I am not really anonymous I AM nana banana <3 haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! 90 minutes seems like a long time to go without drinking. I barely last 15-30, when I bother paying attention to that rule at all. lol I'm glad you had a good check-up, and don't be too hard on yourself for not joining the gym yet, you're not even a month out yet. Focus on healing! :)

    ReplyDelete

anything you wanna know, wanna say, or advice you may have ~ let me know here. thanks